Saturday, October 20, 2018

The Goat Business

 Everyone who is in the business of raising goats knows you have to eventually sell some.  You can't keep them all.  They would eventually eat you out of house and home.  I have a serious problem of getting attached, which is why we never sold any of last year's kids (even the wethers).  I finally came to terms with the fact that I would have to say goodbye to a bunch of the kids I'd raised.  I'm pleased to report that this was a good year for goat sales.  See below for the list of goats who have gone to their new homes.  Sorry for using old pictures.  I've been too busy to take pictures and although I probably have some on my phone I don't have time to upload and edit them right now.

Champ, a wether out of Garnet from last year.  

 Taz, a wether out of Topaz from last year.

 Dottie, who we determined is too old to breed and is now enjoying her retirement home.

 Both of Topaz's bucklings from this year.

 Both of Garnet's bucklings from this year (we are keeping their triplet sister).

Both of LeeAnn's kids from this year, the buckling and doeling.

The doeling (in the second and third picture) has a conformation fault that meant she couldn't be bred, but she's a sweetheart who is making a great pet.

The last one we still have for sale is Amethyst's wether Peter.


 We have someone who is interested in him, but if they back out I won't be disappointed.  I'm very attached to him and want to keep him SO bad!!

It's hard to let them go, but it's a big part of the business.  Who knows?  Maybe we will see them in a local show?  :D

I'll update on everyone that we still have soon.  Wait until you see the bottle kids.  They are getting so big and are absolutely gorgeous!!

5 comments:

  1. It would be very hard to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! My hubby just reminded me it's NaNoWriMo month, so I just signed up. I'm sure you don't have the time, but I'd love to see you there if you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so bad wish I could. I've been feeling the itch to write lately, but I just don't have the time. I was going to do the inktober (an ink drawing every day of October), but I didn't end up having time for it either. :/ Maybe someday I will be able to. Good luck and have fun!! If you ever need help with brainstorming or encouragement email me any time. :)

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.