Sunday, November 4, 2018

The Bottle Kids

Wow I can't believe it's been three months since I posted about Big Mama's orphans.  In case you forgot how cute they are, here are a few pictures from previous posts.  Did I ever share their names?  The boy (redhead) is Gulliver and the girl (blonde) is Snowflake.


 Now  I'll catch you up on the pictures I've taken over the last few months before I get to the ones I took yesterday.


I got home from work, opened my car door and all of a sudden I had a Gulliver passenger.  :)

 Their favorite toy was a chair lol.

 Hanging in the kitchen while I prepped their bottles.

 I do NOT miss bottle feeding.  I'm so very happy they are weaned.

 They were SO cute while having their bottles though.

 The milk mustaches are so cute!!

 Gulliver's little baby horns coming in.


This face is the face right before the attack!  This face is the reason we nicknamed them the Mako sharks.  This face is the face of a spoiled bottle fed goat!  I do not miss that face, but I am happy to have a picture of it hehe.

 Cute kids!

 This is the sweet face I prefer hehe.

 Cute Gulliver playing on the gravel pile.
 
 Getting so big!  Wearing his collar for the first time.

Now for the pictures from yesterday.  They are getting so big.  They are somewhere around 50 pounds at three months old.  Our scale broke so I don't have an actual weight, but they are definitely chunky monkeys like their mom.

 I didn't realize this was so blurry.... sorry!  Cell phone pictures....

 He was streeeeetching to sniff my phone.  So cute!

I was working on their leash training and teaching them to brace (kind of like posing, show goats are taught to push forward off their hind legs to make their butts and backs look muscular).  It's a work in progress.  Gulliver is learning to push already, but Snowflake is still in the pulling backward stage.  We will get there though.  We aren't planning on showing them, but teaching them to brace is a good way to get nice pictures for advertising their future kids as 4H show prospects so that people know what they are getting out of their kids.

 Gulliver is really getting the push into a brace figured out.  He looks like a pro.  :)
 
 Snowflake is getting the standing square and reaching up, but not quite the push yet.

 Wearing her collar and leash like a grown up girl.

 That sweet face!! 

 That crinkly nose is SO cute!!

 They have the cutest faces and such long adorable ears.

Then they spotted Daniel and the Myotonic bucklings.  They puffed up and Gulliver had his hackles up.  It was so cute.  He was acting like a big bad buck.


 You can kind of see the hair raised along his neck in the last picture.  He is the same size as Wildfire at three months old!  Wildfire is nine months old, but he's a purebred Myotonic so he's supposed to be smaller.  It's just funny seeing them next to each other.

Well that is all of the photos for today.  I hope you enjoyed catching up with the kids.  They did well with weaning.  Snowflake had an issue learning to drink and we were afraid she was getting dehydrated so we gave her bottles of plain water a while and slowly weaned her off of them.  She is doing fantastic now.  I absolutely love these two kids so much.  They remind me so much of Big Mama.  That's all for now.  I have good news to share and I'll try to get it posted soon, but for now I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.