Sunday, November 8, 2020

40 Before 40 - #22 Complete!

 I'm writing this on a cell phone so please forgive any mistakes. I can't believe I haven't posted in a year!! If anyone is still here I'm so sorry for the unexplained absence. I guess it's probably understandable. This year has been nuts. I don't want to dwell on the stressful stuff so let's get right to it.

I have wanted to draw humans for a long time, but was always intimidated by it. Many of you have probably seen my first attempt.


It turned out pretty good for a first try, although there are issues with proportions. Eventually I got brave and went for a second try.


I drew Billie Eilish and was really happy with the result. This was my first time drawing long hair. There are obviously mistakes and room for a lot of improvement, but art is always a process. That's the fun of it. This drawing really motivated me to keep going.


Sorry these are blurry. I don't have access to my computer so I took screenshots from my Instagram. Next was Keanu Reeves from The Matrix. This was difficult, but fun! The reference image was lower quality with less details, so I went for a more blocky shading style. I really like how it turned out.


The next one I took requests on Instagram and drew Cara Delevingne. I love how I was able to capture the shine on her skin. This was a great learning experience, although not my favorite drawing.

The next one was a special project that I did for my Dad. I spent days (weeks?) on this. It was insane and this is officially my favorite drawing I've ever done.


I'm so proud of this one. The legendary John Wayne. Dad said he's going to frame it, but first I have to get the guts up to spray fixative on it. I'm going to get some better photos in better lighting first. Anyway, I kind of burned myself out on this one and took a break from drawing humans, but there are some more random ones below.

One last thing before I go to sleep. I know that I still have a lot to learn. I want to study anatomy and learn to draw figures from imagination, but these drawings from reference were a good starting point for me to conquer my fear.  I hope you all are well. I miss you guys!! Enjoy the rest of the random human/humanoid drawings below.


Fan art of a Gundam Wing character. Loved that show when I was a kid.


Practicing with markers with a fun Spiderman.


My Christmas drawing from last year. In pen!!!!! I had never drawn anything like this in ink before. I'll probably do a post with all of my ink drawings too eventually. It's scary not being able to erase.


A fun zombie I did a long time ago.

A simple drawing I did to relax one night.

2 comments:

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.