Saturday, November 9, 2019

2019 Epic Road Trip - Part I - 40 Before 40 Item 10


My husband and I went on an epic road trip a month ago and one of our stops was the Painted Desert!  I have wanted to visit this place since the first time I saw photos of it.  I've been dreaming of taking photos of it for years.  I can finally mark it off my bucket list (and my 40 Before 40 list - it wasn't on the original list, but when I realized I can't donate blood because I'm on thyroid medicine I replaced it with this).  It was smaller than I expected, but still absolutely incredible!! 

The photo above is my favorite out of the group.  It shows the different colors so well.  The others are decent, but uploading them messes with the quality of the photos.  They look better on my computer.  Oh well, hopefully they are still good enough to be enjoyable for you guys.

 

 We weren't able to go at sunset when the colors would have been at their most brilliant, but there was still some great colors.


The one above was looking in the other direction.  It's not a Painted Desert picture, but I had to snap it and share it because of the huge dust devil.  So cool!

 This is another one of my favorites.  The purple color is so neat!


Luckily we were able to drive around to the other side where there were more shadows for more dramatic visuals.

 Hubby taking pictures of the Painted Desert.


 My Rogue made the trip so enjoyable!  I couldn't resist snapping a picture of it in the desert.  It is blue... it just looks black because of the lighting.

 We saw so many ravens out west!  They are the coolest birds!

 This was the path leading down into the desert.... we decided not to hike down there.

 There were some tracks, but they were so far away I couldn't tell what made them.


 I'll post more pictures as soon as I can!  Make sure to check out my other blog (LINK) to see pictures of my mule ride at the Grand Canyon!  Another dream come true!

6 comments:

  1. what a fabulous trip. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the middle of leaving a comment and it disappeared so you might get two.

    Great pictures. The colors are unbelievable. We visited there many years ago when the kids were still small and loved it. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only got one so your good. It is so cool isn't it? Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Nice. I started leaving a comment and it disappeared too. Anyway, I took a trip to New Mexico in September and stumbled upon a town named Coyote. It appears to be a Native reservation. Anyway, everything in that town was red. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird. I wonder why the comments are doing that....

      That sounds so cool! I'll have to add it to my list of interesting places to visit.

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.