Monday, March 30, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Progress III

 I only read three books for March because I've been so busy, but here they are.  Also if you want to see the rest of my posts on the challenge click here.  I'm still really enjoying this challenge.  I'm not burned out on it at all (I kind of expected to be by now).  :)

Creature Discomforts is another Susan Conant book from the Dog Lover's Mystery series.  Once again this really doesn't fit into the challenge but I started reading it because I finished a book in the middle of the night and needed something to help me go to sleep.  Then once I start reading a book I have to finish it.  I really, really enjoyed this one.  It had a different twist to it that freshened up the series a lot.  It also kind of had a cliffhanger at the end that has me dying to read the next book!!  I'm going to try to focus on my challenge though so it might be a while hehe.


I actually never read To Kill a Mockingbird when I was a kid (bad me I know), but I'm kind of glad I didn't because it fits into the challenge for a Pulitzer Prize winning book, a book that was turned into a movie or under the a book I should have read in high school category!  I LOVED this book!!!!!  I don't know what I loved about it so much, but I did.  I'm really enjoying reading these old books set in the south (teaser: I'm reading Gone With the Wind right now)!  The only thing I didn't like is that I want to know what happened to the kids when they grew up, but the most exciting news of all is that there is a sequel coming out sometime this year!  I'm so excited!  I can't wait to read it!


Cold Fire is the third book in the Circle Opens series by Tamora Pierce.  I read her Circle of Magic series when I was a kid and really enjoyed it.  This series is about the same four characters a few years later.  I started reading this book because it was on the shelf available for sale at work and I was bored.  I actually started reading it last December, but only now finished it because I don't have much time to read at work.  I really liked it.  It was fun to find out what happened to the same characters years down the road.  It had some slow spots, but not too bad.  Now I want to read the other three books too hehe, but they aren't at the store (they sell and trade used books).  This book fits in the a book from my childhood category.  :)

Well that's all for March.  I'm reading Gone with the Wind right now and it has 900 pages so I'm hoping I can finish it in April (200 pages in so far), but if I don't it's not a big deal.  I'm enjoying it so far!  Check back at the end of April to see if I finish it in time hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.