Saturday, August 1, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Progress VII


Penelope Swan is a pen name for my friend HY Hanna that has written the Beach Vet books and the Honey mysteries that I've read for this challenge and posted about several times.  The Netherfield Affair was a variation on Pride and Prejudice.  I really liked it!!  She kept true to the characters and it was like reading a book by Jane Austin!  I can't wait to read the others.  This is going in my category for a book published this year.


I read the Hunger Games for my trilogy.  I've been meaning to read these for a long time, but I just never got around to it.  I had seen the first movie when it came out and absolutely loved it.  The books are just as good or better.  I loved them!  I liked the first one the best.  The other two had some slow spots, but they redeemed themselves.  I wasn't totally happy with the ending of the final book, but it wasn't horrible.  If you liked the movie you really should read the books.  It's totally worth it.  :D


Aurora is a book I found on the shelf at work.  I like to read during my breaks, but the choices are very few and most are really not my kind of book.  I picked this one for my one word title because it was the smallest book with one word, but within a chapter it quickly made it's way into the category of a book at the bottom of my to read list.  It was awful!!!!!!!  I'm so not into political books and it was so boring!  Glad to have that dreaded category done at least.  Also to keep from totally bashing this book I did like the end of it.  Basically the last two chapters or so lol.


Red Rising is for my author under thirty years old category.  I had never heard of it before, but when they compared it to Hunger Games I was immediately intrigued (and now I want to read Ender's Game since they also compared it to that too).  When I started out reading this book I was really unsure...  The first person present tense was the same as Hunger Games, but I didn't see anything else similar.  It took a while before it got to the part that resembles it.  In the end I absolutely love this book!  I can't wait for the rest of the trilogy to come out!



This is another HY Hanna book.  It's actually book five in the Summer Beach Vet series.  I loved it because it brought back the people from earlier books and added in new characters.  It was a lot of fun to read and I loved all of the characters, new and old.  This one doesn't fit into a category.

I also realized that a book I read last month called Playboy's Redemption can actually go into the recommended by a friend category.  :D  So that only leaves two books that don't fit into categories.  So 29 down and 21 to go!  I did great this month though.  I read seven books (even though the trilogy only counts as one) and I'm halfway done with another one (I read one book at home and one at work so I'm always reading two).  Sadly the reason I got so much reading done is because it's been so hot outside and I've been injured for most of the month.  Sucks!!  So thankful I have my books to escape into. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.