Friday, July 3, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Progress VI


The Playboy's Redemption by Diana Fraser was one of the books in the Love Down Under romance box set that I was asked to read and review.  It is the second book.  This wasn't my favorite.  I liked the characters, but they were way too hung up on the past.  There wasn't enough action I guess to really grab my attention.  It wasn't bad, just not my favorite.  As part of a box set I wouldn't have been disappointed in it since the others were totally worth the money spent. 


The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde is a play.  I think this is the first play I've ever read.  I loved it!!!  It was so funny!  It's very short, but totally engaging all the way through.  I'm glad my first play to read turned out to be a good one. I wouldn't mind reading more like it! 


Absolute Fear by Lisa Jackson is a horror, suspense, or something like that novel about a serial killer.  I don't really read books like this (I think the only other horror book I've read was Rose Madder by Steven King... yikes!), so I was not expecting to like this at all... I was pleasantly surprised!!  It wasn't so gross that I couldn't read it, although maybe slightly more graphic than I tend to prefer, but it just pulls you in!  I never guessed who the killer was (well I guessed the connection to the main character, but not who it actually was until it was revealed) and I never expected the ending.  Very surprising twist!  I'm putting this in the category of book that scared me... the book itself didn't scare me, but the idea of having a serial killer who is obsessed with me is terrifying so I'm going to let it count LOL!!  I have a feeling any one of the Steven King books would scare the bejeebers out of me, but I'm really not interested in losing sleep over a book challenge so this is as scary as it gets. ;)


Playing to Win by H.Y. Hanna is another one from the Love Down Under box set that I was asked to read and review.  It also doesn't really fit a category, but like all of her books that I've read so far I loved it!!  It was the second book in her Summer Beach Vets series.  It was fun getting to know more about Ellie.  As usual I loved the characters and it had a great story too.  Since these books aren't falling into any of my book challenge categories I'm going to have to wait to finish the box set because I'm falling behind on the challenge.  I will finish it though because I've enjoyed reading them so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.