Saturday, September 5, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Progress VIII

I'm behind in posting this. I've been really busy, so I only read three books for August. I'm going to have to get it in gear if I'm going to complete this challenge in time!!


I started reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire with the intention of it being for my one word title category, but then I realized it actually fits in the love triangle category so I'm going with that.  The one word title will be much easier to find another one for.  I loved the idea of this book.  I was never really a fan (because we watched it too much when I was a kid) of Wizard of Oz, but I appreciated it as a classic so the idea of learning the history of the wicked witch of the west was a really cool idea.  In that sense I really did enjoy the book.  However it was really weird at certain points and the language was very... I don't know... silly or something.  It's like he just strung together long sentences of big words just to seem smart or fill space, but they made no sense.  It was very bizarre.  If you're interested, click on the Amazon link and read the review that someone did called Wicked Sucks because that person wrote it better than I could.  So I'm in love with the idea, but not a huge fan of the book... I did finish it though!


Okay confession time.  Veronica Mars is one of my all time favorite T.V. shows (right up there with Gilmore Girls and Big Bang Theory)!!  So when I heard there was going to be a book I jumped on the chance to read it for my based after a T.V. show category.  :D  It did not disappoint!!!!  It picks up right where the Veronica Mars movie left off, completely got all of the characters right and was just all around amazing!!  I don't know what else to say about it except that I loved it.  It was a short, easy read too.  I also just realized there is a second book!  Yay!!!!!


I read this one for the set during Christmas category. It was meh.  Not bad, but not mind blowing either.  Kind of slow and predictable.  Cute story idea though.  :)

I've already finished one book for September, so fingers crossed I get more read this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.