Monday, September 7, 2015

30 Before 30 - #8 Complete


Okay first of all, it is way past my birthday... I still consider my 30 Before 30 list a success because everything was completed before my birthday, I just haven't had time to make videos or do posts.  Sorry!!  Wait until you see the test results for our pasture!  Your jaw is going to hit the floor lol.  Anyway today's post is for the learning archery goal.

I haven't had much time to practice, but I'm not too horrible lol.  You can see in the above picture how close I got to a bullseye.  Here is a video (yes I was still in my breeches from riding earlier lol).


Archery is so much fun!!!  My form is slowly improving.  Faster than my accuracy LOL!  My dad is practicing for his concealed carry license (hence the gun target behind my archery target) because he has to work late at night sometimes and had a scary encounter recently, so we're all going to do a lot more target practice on the weekends.

I only missed the bag once, went too high and 
look how far through the gun target my arrow went!

I shot hubby's E.A.Witness .40 too.
I'm waaaay out of practice lol.

I am going to do a post showing video of how the horses reacted to the guns on my other blog so keep an eye out for that.

Anyway I had fun today!  I miss this!

I'll try to get the other 30 Before 30 posts up as soon as possible, but it might be a while.  Things have been really hectic lately.

2 comments:

  1. Well, first of all, Happy Belated Birthday! Archery is a lot of fun and it takes a lot of skill too. My daughter is starting to learn to shoot the bow and arrows too. She set up old hay bales behind the target for ny mishaps. Works pretty good for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you mentioning that she was learning too! I'm glad she's having fun with it too. :D I was using bales of straw behind my targets, then dad told me he had the archery target. This was my first time using it. :) We have our targets set up in front of a hill of dirt so stray bullets or arrows aren't a concern.

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.