Sunday, January 28, 2018

Pregnant Does

 My Amethyst is SO adorable!!

These pictures were taken on the 14th of January.  I just haven't had time to post them until now.  I'm posting these so that around mid January we can compare pictures to show you how much bigger they have gotten as they get closer to their due dates.

Does due in February are...

Coral.  This picture does not do her justice.  She is HUGE!

She was being skittish because I was using my phone camera with no zoom instead of the real camera so I didn't get any other pictures of her, so here is an old one from the beginning of January.


She is enormous.  I have my fingers crossed that she has twins this time.  I don't remember her being this big with Amethyst.  She's only ever had single births as far as we know, so I'm really hoping for twins.  Having singles can be hereditary and I'm hoping Amethyst doesn't take after her mom on that.  Single births are not ideal because you spend the same amount of money to feed them during the pregnancy for only one kid, so it gets expensive.  I wouldn't trade Amethyst for the world though.  Coral's due date is 2-21-18.

Next is Garnet. 

Again the pictures are deceiving.  She is huge.  Bigger than Coral I think.  She was huge during her last pregnancy too and had twins, so I'm thinking she will have twins again.  It would be cool if she had triplets, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.  You can see how bony she is on the hips and how low her belly is hanging.  The kids are starting to shift downward.  They carry the kids high during the early part of the pregnancy, but they move lower as they get closer to birth.  Garnet gets bonier looking than the others because of the dairy goat in her.  Her bag (udder) gets huge too.  She produces a LOT of milk.


Here is a front angle so you can see her belly better.  They carry the kids on their right hand side.  The huge bulge on the left is the rumen (one of their stomachs) which gets bigger the more they eat roughage.  In the almost two weeks since this pictures was taken I think she has almost doubled in size.  She looks ready to burst.

You can see the difference in the ruman and the kids in this picture. 
Remember left is lunch and right is rugrats.


Here is one from above.  Unfortunately I was standing too far to the right so it throws off the perspective, but it's still cool to see.

Here's one with her daughter Andesine.  Just because it's cute.
Garnet's left side looks much bigger because she's looking to her right.

Another one of Garnet and Andesine.
You can see how big her bag is getting too.
She starts coming into milk way earlier than the others.

Garnet's due date is 2-15-18, so she will be the next one to go.


Topaz looks so small compared to Garnet.  She was small during her whole last pregnancy too and she still had twins, so who knows what she'll have this time.  She was so much smaller than Garnet last time that we actually thought Garnet would give birth first and she didn't.


Topaz almost looks like she's not even pregnant, but she never came back into heat so I'm assuming she is.  I guess there's always the chance she isn't but she has gotten bigger since this photo.  I'll have to check tonight when I go out to feed to see if she's started producing milk yet.

Here's the top angle.

Her due date is 2-17-18 so she should give birth between Garnet and Coral.

For March due dates we have...

....Georgia!  Sorry the angle isn't so great on this photo.

Although her due date is sometime after 3-28-18 so she may be an April birth too.


She isn't very big in these pictures, but in the last two weeks she has gotten bigger and she's starting to produce milk.

Top view.

Look at that cute face!

For April we have...

...LeeAnn.  She's gotten much bigger since these photos.


See how much bigger her rumen is on the left compared to the tiny right side?  She's only two months into her five month gestation so it's normal to be small on her right side at this time.


She was being uncooperative so this is the only side view I got.  Her due date is 4-3-18.

Our other April due date is Amethyst!


 She's really not showing yet, so just enjoy her cuteness instead.  :)

Top view.  Her right side looks big because she's bent to the left.


I forgot one of Zephyr's pictures in the last post.  As you know this was eleven days before she gave birth on the 25th.  If you haven't seen her kids check out the last post.

For fun here are a few of the cute kids from last year.



 I love how Andesine's cashmere makes her look like a strawberry roan.

 It gives her a dorsal stripe too.

 Last, but not least, my sweet Tanzanite.  I love this adorable girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.