Sunday, March 4, 2018

Kid Play Time!!


Jackal patiently waits for us to finish paying attention to the goats so he can get some attention too.  We turned all of the does and kids out together in the barn and small yard a few day ago.  The does had to sort out their dominance.  I was shocked that Topaz actually battled Coral!  Coral won of course.  After a few days to settle in together we turned all of them out in the bigger yard together.  It was the kids' first time to touch the electric fence (makes me want to cry) and to play on fun things like fallen trees and brush piles.  They love it!!  Check out all of the photos I got (with the camera instead of a phone finally!).  Some of the photos are blurry because the lens needed cleaned and I didn't want to go all the way back inside to get the cleaner.

 Zephyr's buckling having fun in the brush pile.


Here you can see how tall the brush pile is.  The black one is his sister.  These two are a month old already and are our only Myotonic kids so far.  We're still waiting on Georgia to give birth.

 He is a cutie.

 Speaking of their mom Zephyr, she is looking good.

 Topaz's twin bucklings.


Coral still needs to gain a bit more weight, but she's doing well.  Giving birth and nursing always brings their weight down a bit.  Before we moved Coral in with the other does she actually let me pet her.  She was standing in her stall and I just squatted down next to her and pet her on the shoulder.  She still doesn't like human contact, but she's definitely improving.

 Topaz's eldest buckling chewing on something.

 Topaz's youngest buckling.  Such a cute baby trot.

 Topaz's younger buckling has an itchy face.

 Look how good Zephyr is looking!  She is so pretty.


I got some good close ups.  This is why I miss having a camera!!  This is Zephyr's doeling.  She is absolutely adorable and the sweetest little kid.

 Her buckling is so cute too!  I love those dainty little faces.


Topaz's younger buckling.  I love that adorable roman nose!  I can't get attached to these boys... it is soooo hard.

 Zephyr's doeling hiding behind the branches and then eating them.

 I love Zephyr's striking face.


Georgia is the only pregnant one in the group.  She's so heavily pregnant right now that she mostly just chills by herself.  She's used to being the boss of the group, but after a big battle she finally submitted to Coral.

 Love these close ups!  Zephyr's buckling.

 I got a picture of each Myotonic twin posing on the tree hehe.


Hubby brought some pine branches for the does to snack on.  I was getting a picture of Coral and Georgia when Zephyr's buckling bolted straight for me.  He is so cute!

 Zephyr's buckling going for a little trot.  

 Zephyr eating pine needles while her daughter inspects them.

 I love this little guy. It's so hard to not get attached to the boys!

 I love how sleek he is on top and how fuzzy his legs are. Too cute!


Coral's twin doelings finally came looking for her.  She is such a protective and attentive mother.  She talks to them constantly.  At first she was confused with having twins because she has always had singles, but she figured it out quickly.  I still can't believe she finally had twins!!  The second picture makes me giggle because it looks like one baby with two heads hehe.


Garnet's middle triplet, the doeling.  She is SO cute!  I love her little white tail tip.  You can really see her pretty color and markings in this shot.  I'm so glad her red one was a doeling again.  I'd be so sad if she was a buckling and we had to sell him. This red color is my mom's favorite color.  She absolutely loves her.

 Garnet's youngest triplet buckling.

 Going for a cute little baby trot.


Garnet's bucklings, the one on the left is the eldest and the one on the right is youngest.  The red doeling from the pictures up above is in the middle. This is them standing relaxed....

...this is when they heard something and puffed themselves up. Cute!

 Coral's twins playing on the tree.

 Zephyr's buckling finally tasting the pine needles.


Topaz's youngest buckling tasting........ old donkey dung....... yeah it's so gross, but it's actually good for them because they need the bacteria to jump start their rumens.

 I LOVE his adorable ears!

 Garnet's youngest buckling.  I love his pose.

 Garnet's oldest buckling chewing on a stick.

 Topaz's youngest buckling chewing on a sapling lol.

 Topaz's eldest settled in for a nap.  So cute!


Then he started chewing on a stick.  I love this shot!  Hubby said it looks like he has a cigar and he's saying "Go ahead, make my day!"

 Then Garnet's eldest buckling ran over him and made him get up... brat!

 It is so fun watching so many kids playing together.


This shot is awkward as far as how they are standing, but I liked it because it shows off their markings.  Topaz's buckling on the left you can see the white spot on the back of his head and Garnet's buckling on the right you can see he has the same shoulder spot as his sire Jasper.  I call him Jasper's carbon copy.

 I love her socks!


Zephyr's twins finally had to take a snack break. It is so cute how they have to get down on their knees to nurse when they get big.

 Coral's twin doelings playing follow the leader on one fallen tree....

 .....and Topaz's twin bucklings playing follow the leader on the other fallen tree!

 I love Zephyr's face.  I've gotten really attached to her.  She is so sweet and friendly too.  She loves her chin and face to be rubbed.  She will even rest her chin in our hands.

 A close up of her pretty eye... I had to giggle at all of the pine bark on her face.

 Topaz's eldest striking a pose.


Everyone finally started settling down for naps.  Topaz's eldest buckling hopped up on the plastic table that hubby got from the school because they were throwing it out.  It makes a perfect goat toy.


Zephyr's doeling jumped up there to mess with him, but she eventually left him alone to sleep.


Zephyr's buckling started to mess with Topaz's other buckling, but he quickly got bored and left him alone too.

 Topaz's younger buckling.  Isn't he precious??


Zephyr's twins played a bit more, headbutting and trying to shove each other off of the pallet.


Then the little buckling came to see me for a second before going back to his sister.

 Zephyr was standing nearby, keeping an eye on them.

 Zephyr's buckling posing on the pallet. I love his little baby horns!

 They finally settled in to nap.

 I got all four of them in this shot.


At one point the doeling tipped her head back and rolled right off.  It was so hilarious.  She just got back up and curled up next to her brother again.

 Zephyr settled in to chew her cud.  She was laying close to me.

 I probably took too many of these two but they are too cute!!

 It cracks me up how the kids sleep with their heads on their ribs.


Even Zep was taking a nap.  He is so filthy!  I'm so sick of all the mud.  He is in the main pasture, not the same pen as all of the kids.  The electric fence is short so I can just step over it to get into the big pasture where the horses are.  Tomorrow I'll share pictures of the does that are still pregnant. Until then I hope you are all doing well and enjoyed the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.