Monday, November 4, 2013

NaNo Update

I finally broke 10,000 words (10,101 to be exact)!  I'm sort of feeling frustrated because every word is so much effort.  This story is not flowing well at all.  I decided this year not to plan out my story at all, because the very first year I did NaNo (I wrote 50,000 words in 14 days because I forgot about Nano until halfway through November) I didn't plan it and I did so well!!!  It's not working as well this time around...  The idea really intrigued me at first and now it's just really boring.

I decided to write about a spoiled rich girl with a fancy warmblood horse that she can barely ride because he's unruly.  Suddenly she finds herself transported to a world where horses live free on the prairie and people have to work hard every day just to survive and provide the basic necessities to their families.  She has to learn what it's like to work for her things instead of just flashing around a piece of plastic and buying whatever she wants.  She also has to learn to communicate with her horse (yeah he ended up there with her too somehow) without saddles, bridles, bits, spurs, whips, fences, etc.  That's it. That was my whole idea when I started this.  It was a nice idea, but there really is no plot yet.  I have no idea how she got to this place (or if she is even there, maybe it's a dream) or what my end goal is for the story, so I'm just cranking out words while I try to think of a plot.  :)

If any of you want to throw around plot ideas I welcome all suggestions!  I'm going back and forth between this all being a dream at the end of the story or it being real and her deciding to stay with her new friends in the new world.  Oh and it's fantasy by the way, if you hadn't guessed by the whole transporting to pretend worlds part.  :D

Well, back to writing!  Oh I forgot to mention I've only been writing one or two  hours a day because I've been so busy!  I'm hoping to have more time to write tomorrow.  Good luck to my fellow bloggers who are participating in NaNoWriMo this year!  I'm rooting for you guys!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could participate this year but I'm afraid I don't have enough time. I'm already struggling with my free time. Maybe next year again :D Or some other month. I don't necessarily need a certain month to write :D But this would be fun thing to do together with thousands of others. And it's more supportive than just doing it by myself.

    -Lilli-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on writing, I don't have the creativity to write anything more than a blog.
    I could see that your story follows her as she tries to train a horse and fails and then tries a second horse and fails. She meets up with a guy or gal who starts showing her how to work with horses and he works directly with her to teach her stuff, they don't work with horses while she learns. Then just as she gets ready to work a horse for the first time with her new knowledge, she wakes up, The End.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one-fifth of the way there! I have already missed one and a half days of writing. Yesterday someone was coming over to my house, so I told myself I'd write when she left, but the dishes needed to be washed, the bills needed to be paid... When I got done with all my household responsibilities, I had to run several errands. Got home and the phone rang -- someone reminding me I need to attend a meeting in a couple of hours. I needed those couple of hours to clean up after, feed and medicate the animals, and viola! My day was done. Not even half an hour to spare. Got home from the meeting and went to bed. I hope this crazy schedule doesn't keep happening, but I just signed up for three photography classes too. I suspect I will end up being just a "participant" this year.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.