Saturday, August 20, 2016

Goat Shelter


Hubby built a cute shelter for the doelings out of pallets and tin.  They will eventually have a nice barn, but even then this will probably stay because they already love playing on it.  He designed it specifically to provide shelter and a play platform.  He sat it on top of some other pallets so they can get off the wet ground.  A lot of people don't know, but goats hate getting wet!


Garnet is so funny.  She stood up on the fence to eat some leaves sticking through, but after she finished eating it she stayed there chewing her cud.  Silly girl!

 Caught a picture of Pearl's acrobatics lol.

 Hubby forgot his hammer.  Topaz was fascinated.

Sorry the pictures are through the fence.  I took these during a break in the rain.  It's been raining all week, every day.  Heck it's been raining for months.  It's so weird!!!  Normally at this time of year we're on month two of no rain at all.  One of my favorite things about summer has always been the lack of mud and rain....... no such luck this year.  I'll get better pictures sometime when it's not raining.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! When I was in college I was given a guinea pig by a teacher who didn't realize that she adopted a pregnant guinea pig for her kindergarten class. I got one of the babies. Anyway, I designed this jungle gym made mostly out of cardboard, because guinea pigs like to run through cardboard tunnels and chew on them. I stuck it under my bed because guinea pigs like to be in the dark. When I met my future husband, I told him to look under the bed. Later he said that was the moment he knew he was going to marry me, because only the type of girl he likes would construct a whole playground for a guinea pig under her bed. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That is so awesome!!!! I love it! I wish I could have seen it. My hamsters would have loved that. :D

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.