Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Goat Catch Up Post V - Finally the last one!


This last catch up post is basically a picture spam of the herd on the big pasture and a chance to update you on how the kids are doing since I slacked off and you missed months of their growing up.

First up is Andesine...

 She is getting so big and is so pretty!  That's her mom Garnet behind her.  
The kids are between four and five months old now.


Then there is her brother.  We have been calling him Champ even though we agreed not to name the boys.... oops!  Since we have banded them and they are wethers now we might keep them as buck companions.  It was handy having one to keep Amethyst company when we needed him....  He is getting so big!  When we weighed him two weeks ago he was already fifty pounds!  Definitely taking after his dad hehe.

 Next up is Topaz's buckling.  I call him Taz.  I fail at the no naming thing.  I absolutely love him. He is the sweetest guy around.  Taz is the one who kept Amethyst company.  He was so chill about being tossed in a pen with a bunch of goats he didn't know and surprisingly Georgia and Zephyr ignored him too.  I guess wethers get a free pass from the dominance tiffs lol.  He's a little on the small side, but it's no big deal since he's basically a pet.

 Then we have Taz's sister Tanzanite.  She was being uncooperative for her photo, too busy playing a head butting game with hubby to stand square lol.  She is an absolute sweetheart and I'm very attached to her as well.  She's on the small side too, but Topaz sure has sweet babies.  I just wish they weren't quite so dainty.  Can't fault their personalities though.

I did get this picture of her.  She has the sweetest face!

Oh and this one.  Don't you love her markings??  Oops, am I showing bias??

 Here's her mom Topaz.  You can still see the blue crayon on her from when Jasper was out with them.  Topaz is still my second favorite goat (sorry but my first born Amethyst will always have the number one spot.... oh and I know I shouldn't play favorites but I can't help it) as she is an absolute sweetheart.  You can do absolutely anything with her and she never complains.  You can hug her and pet her and she just eats up the attention.  She actually reminds me a lot of a goat I had YEARS ago named Sophie (some of you may remember her from one of my really early blogs back about ten years ago) and I accidentally call her by that name sometimes.  Oops! 

 Here are a couple of Garnet.  I absolutely love her facial markings.  She is so pretty.  She's a friendly goat, but not as affectionate as Topaz and she doesn't enjoy cuddles.

Last but not least here is Coral.  It's hard to get good photos of her because she still keeps her distance, but I'm so proud of how far she has come with learning to trust us.

Well that's all for this post. It's getting incredibly late and I'm keeping hubby awake.  I'm off to bed.  I hope you all enjoyed the updates.  I'll try to keep you better updated, especially in January when we start having kids again!! Zephyr is the first one due.  Can't wait!! 

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute - Mr Shoes forbids me to get a goat (though I do get HIS goat on a semi-reg basis).
    Curious what most of them sell for - pets? Milk? or... Other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I get my hubby's goat quite often too hehe!

      Neither one is really a milk breed so they mostly sell for pets, for breeding animals or for 4H projects. We just found out that Jasper's dad is actually going to retire at a petting zoo!! :D

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.