Friday, November 10, 2017

Our Vacation

 Back in September hubby and I went on vacation.  It was a much needed break!  It was the first vacation I'd had in a year and a half since starting this job and with all the insane overtime I've been working it was very much needed.  We had a lot of fun.  I'll let the pictures tell the story.


Our main goal was fishing on the lake and rivers....


..... but the fishing wasn't very good.  It's okay though, we still had fun.

I told hubby if he caught the first fish he had to kiss it lol.


Too bad we couldn't fish at the fish feeding area at the marina!


While out and about hiking we gathered lots of "foreign food" for Jack... a.k.a. acorns from someplace other than our backyard haha.  He loved them.


One of the great things about vacation is ice cream!  Also having time to paint my fingernails hehe.


The place we stayed was nice.  I was fascinated with the mirrors because it had lights built into it all the way around and made weird square reflections in my eyes.  The picture does not do it justice, but I spent an insane amount of time getting this picture so I'm sharing it lol.


We went bowling, which was only the second or third time we've gone together in the eleven years we've known each other.  He beat me big time!


 I did LOTS of swimming because the pool is the main reason I wanted to go lol.  I never have access to a pool so when I go on vacation I spend as much time in the water as I can.  There was a heated pool at the local fitness center that we could have used, but I was sweating just being in the building so I just toughed it out in the cold outside pool at the place where we were staying.  It's only cold when you're first getting in and dodging the bugs is half the fun haha!!


We also played mini golf for the first time together (we've played separately, but never together before this) and I WON!  Hehe.  It was a close game and I was sweating bullets for more reasons that the very hot temps lol.


We did some walking in the parks too.  The rose garden above was so beautiful.

 So pretty!


There was a blender so of course I had to make strawberry banana smoothies!!!  Makes me wish I had a blender lol.  Notice my secret ingredient?  Cream cheese!!  Makes for the best smoothies ever.

 So yummy!!


I also had time to do some drawing, which I never have time for anymore.  I drew the toucan in pencil first and then went over it with my markers.  I love Zentangle!


Here is the mostly finished version.  I should make an adult coloring book lol.  I might color it in, but I haven't decided.


We also spent time cooking together which we never do because I work so late.  I had my hamburgers open faced on corn tortillas because I couldn't find gluten free bread in the local stores.  The ranch seasoned French fries were amazing!

Hubby's burger on toast.

We has a really good time even though I really, really, really missed all of my critters!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun and relaxing vacation. I love your toucan. I started rock painting where you paint and hide rocks for other's to find. Some people are such good artists that they can paint details like the ones on your toucan on a rock. That totally blows me away. I just realized that I previously called Storm a "him". Sorry. I probably have done that a lot. Just insert a "her". I'm going senile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried rock painting twice when I was a kid and I loved it, I just haven't done much with it since. I can't imagine getting that much detail on a rock lol.

      It's okay about Storm. I lot of people called her a him even in person. I think the name just isn't very feminine lol. I'm not offended by it.

      Delete
  2. Nice that you guys treated yourself to a vacation; working as many hours as you do, you really do need to recharge once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very much needed. The bad part is it just makes me feel like I need another one already. The weekends fly by way too fast!!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.