Sunday, May 20, 2018

Haircut!

Sorry I haven't posted much lately.  Things have been insanely busy.  Good news is I got a promotion at work!  Finally, after two years of slaving away I'm in the position I've wanted from the beginning.  Of course that comes with more overtime... ugh!

Everyone on the farm is doing well.  I don't think I've forgotten to tell you guys anything important.  The kids are growing so much.  Topaz's oldest buckling and Coral's twin doelings are over fifty pounds at almost ninety days old.  I'm so impressed with how all of the kids are growing out this year.  I think we've finally gotten the nutrition perfected.

Anyway enough rambling.  This post is about Daniel and his haircut!  You all know how he looks in his winter coat, but if you need a reminder here's a picture.

Daniel in his winter coat.

And here he is after his haircut!

 Isn't he adorable with his son Wildfire?  They look so much alike!

 He is so handsome!  Ignore the extra legs lol.

 That tongue!!  He is such a messy eater and gets food all over his face.

 Can't ignore his other side.

Have to share the Kamikaze photobomb too hehe.

Some of you may not know (or remember), that Daniel was a show goat in his earlier years so he's used to being shaved.  I didn't shave him as short as a show cut would be.  I just took off the long guard hairs that were left over from his winter coat.  He looks so good!  I shaved Kamikaze too because he gets way too hot, but his cashmere was so thick I couldn't use a guard on the clippers and had to free hand it.... so he looks awful.  I "forgot" to get pictures hehe.  I have never seen a goat with cashmere as thick as his.  He's going to be miserable this summer!!  Hopefully the shave will help him out some.  I wish I had some shears because I think that would be easier for giving haircuts to goats with thick cashmere, since they are designed for dense wool.  Oh well, I did the best I could with what I have.

I'll try to update again soon.  I need to get pictures of the kids.  They have grown so much!  I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the awesome spring weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.