Friday, January 4, 2019

New Camera


I have been so insanely busy I haven't had time to update you guys.  For right now we are done kidding out goats so hopefully things will settle down soon.  I wanted to share my good news very quickly and then this weekend hopefully I can introduce you to all of our new kids.  One of my best friends upgraded her camera and she gave me her old Canon EOS 20D with a 55mm lens.  I've had it a while, but I only recently finally bought all of the stuff I needed to make it operational (battery, cards, etc.).  I am SO excited to be able to start taking photos again!

This is my very first DSLR camera, so there's going to be a huge learning curve.  I've practiced with this camera before (when she was still using it) and I've done some studying, but it's going to take a ton of practice to get any good at using this.  For right now I'm cheating and using the auto setting just so I can get some baby goat pictures for you guys.  I'm not used to using a lens, so the focus is hit or miss, but you'll see once I get them edited and posted.  You guys are used to blurry photos anyway because the focus was messed up on the camera I've been using for a while.  I am very, very excited to finally have my very own DSLR camera!!!!  You guys might start seeing a bunch of landscape photos while I practice shooting in manual mode for a while. :)  I have to go, but I'll definitely try to get the kids pictures up this weekend.

Edited to add a test shot with the new camera.


I LOVE it!  I'm so excited to start using this camera.  Don't get your expectations too high on the goat pictures.  Jackal sits very still and is well trained.  Getting goats to stand still is almost impossible lol.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm working on a post now with the pictures of the kids. I also edited this post to add a picture of Jackal just to show what the camera can do. :)

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.