Friday, November 4, 2011

Day Four - NaNoWriMo Word Count

I wrote 1461 words tonight for a total of 10238. :) I still can't believe it took me four days to reach the 10k mark, but I'm not complaining. I'm trying a new approach this year as in I'm writing a lot more descriptively. I get caught up in moving the plot along that I tend not to spend much time describing each scene. Let me tell you it's been difficult lol! I think it's one reason I've had trouble getting motivated this year. :)

I chose a good novel to try this with though because this particular one I've been working on for over five years because it's a fantasy novel with a completely unique world and races. I've written one version of it years ago that I actually completed (and didn't like), but since then it has morphed into a completely different novel, but with the same planet and main characters. The story line is totally different, so I am writing this novel from the beginning as required by NaNo. No cheating allowed lol. Well I'm off to bed. I have to get up at 5am and I'm not looking forward to it (or the time change for that matter) lol.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I have yet to participate in NaNoWriMo -- I never seem to be at the right place with my fiction. I'm either in the middle of something or still developing the story and not yet ready to write. However, I just attended a good session at our local library presented by Andi Erickson, a former NaNoWriMo winner. Once again I picked up some good info. Wish you continued success with your November novel!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.