Monday, February 4, 2013

We've Moved!


We have moved to our new home!!  I wrote all about it on my other blog here:  http://rdxhorses.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-boys-are-in-their-new-home.html  There's a bunch of pictures of the horses too.  Here's a part of what I wrote just so you know what is going on if you don't want to read the other post.

"Okay now that things have settled down a little I'm back to share pictures and more information about my last post.  For new readers I'll recap what has been happening the last few years.  A few years ago my husband hurt his back and was on disability for six months.  When short term disability ran out and he was still unable to go back to work he lost his job.  So he decided to go back to school since he could get around he just couldn't do his job (it involved carrying heavy equipment, climbing stairs, long hours, etc.).  He went for a computer tech/programming type degree.  With only one semester away from getting his associate's all of a sudden he got a job!  It's a GREAT job!  Better than the one he had when he first got hurt.  They still want him to finish his associate's and he still wants to finish his bachelor's but all in good time.

So this awesome job (which my dad found for him because he's awesome lol) is in my old hometown which is over sixty or seventy miles from where we were living.  Since I'd been wanting to move back anyway that's just what we did!!  For now we are staying with my parents until we get our apartment built.  Now I'll explain the living situation.  My parents bought ten acres way back in the early nineties when I was a little bitty kid.  Sometime (I forget the year) they built another house on that ten acres for my grandparents so they could move closer to family that could take care of them as they got older (which is a good thing since my grandpa just had a mini stroke a couple of weeks ago-he's okay, but I'm glad I'm back home during all of this).  Then a year or so ago they started building a small apartment for my aunt because she was having severe back troubles and was going to move closer.  For private reasons of her own she decided she didn't want to move so the apartment sat half finished.  When my husband got the job my parents said we could have the apartment if we help finish building it!!  :D  So for now we are in a guest room, but eventually we will have our own apartment.  It's going to be soooo cute!  I can't wait to show it to you.  I might do a video tour sometime, but right now it's just studs up, no sheet rock. "

The dogs are loving it here!!!  I don't have pictures, but I'll get some tomorrow when the weather is better.  Storm spent her first almost six years of her life in this house so she's as happy as can be.  :)  Jackal likes it because he can play with my mom's Yorkie mix.  They have so much fun together.  The best part is that there are ten acres fenced entirely in field fencing/hog wire (whichever you call it depending on where you grew up) that they can run and play on.  They are having sooooo much fun!  My dad has a four wheeler I can ride while they chase me too hehe.  So anyway I'll post some pictures tomorrow.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That sounds nice!

    Congratulations for the house!

    -Lilli-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you and the dogs are doing so well! It looks like everything is looking up!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.