I have until August to complete my 30 Before 30 list so here is an update on my progress and my plans for completing it.
1. Take Chrome on an overnight camping trip. This will probably happen in the spring. I'm hoping to have the horse trailer fixed by then. In the meantime I need to work on teaching him to tie to a high line since I don't have portable corral panels or a portable charger. I'm also going to do a trial run at home with the tent, the high line, a camp fire, the whole nine yards.
2. Stand in two places at once (state lines). COMPLETED 1-3-13
3. Go to a live horse race. COMPLETED 1-16-2012
4. Participate in a cattle drive on my horse or one of their horses. I found a place that does this that wouldn't be too much of a drive. It's in the spring... they don't provide horses though. So I either have to keep my fingers crossed that my best friend will be able to go and we can take her horses or I have to hope I can get Chrome ready in time. After the fall I'm not feeling confident at all about taking Chrome.....
5. Ride a/my horse on a beach. I found a place that does this for a really good price, but it's really far away and hotel would be expensive.... I just have to see how finances work out.
6. Take a trip on an actual train. I found a place that does scenic train rides through the mountains. It would be really cool! I wanted to go this past fall because the foliage would have been gorgeous to photograph, but it didn't work out. I'm hoping I can go in the spring. Maybe I'll have a new camera by then... *fingers crossed*
7. Ride/drive a horse drawn carriage/wagon/sleigh. COMPLETED 9-13-14
8. Learn archery, bonus if it's on horseback. Thanks to my amazing husband I have a bow! Now I just have to keep practicing and work on introducing it to Chrome. :)
9. Go to the Kentucky Horse Park and meet fellow bloggers. I'm buying tickets now! If you're going let me know!!
10. Print out a coffee table book of my photos. COMPLETED 11-14-2012
11. Learn more about photography. COMPLETE
12. Learn American Sign Language. Completed the video today in this post!
13. Do something special for my fifth wedding anniversary. COMPLETED 4-26-14
14. Learn some sort of dancing (belly dancing, ballroom dancing, etc.) I have a friend who is going to teach me an easy dance whenever we find time.
15. Do a photo shoot with Jackal. I'm hoping for snow so we can do a cute shoot together. If not I'll do it in the spring. :)
16. Experiment in different mediums (graphite, charcoal, watercolor, etc.) also learn calligraphy! I am working on both. A friend loaned me her calligraphy set and it's so fun! The mediums I've experimented in so far are graphite, charcoal, zentangling, soft pastels and a tiny bit in watercolor. When I find time we will be doing more watercolor and acrylic too!! So fun! I will try to get photos of some of my art soon. It's hard without a nice camera.
17. See cross country in person, like WEG or Rolex. See above.
18. Train a horse from weaning to basics under saddle. COMPLETED 11-4-14
19. Take dressage lessons on Chrome. I'm hoping to start lessons in the spring. Still have to fix the trailer and practice loading and hauling.
20. Eat gluten free for a year. So far so good. I slipped a couple of times by accident where I ate something and found out afterwards it had gluten in it. I have not once slipped in the willpower department at all! Not once! I am so proud of myself because I normally have crappy willpower.
21. See a polo match in person. COMPLETED 9-13-14
22. Gallop Chrome across an open field. I'm not feeling confident about this one anymore... see Chrome's blog for details on why.
23. Go on a trail ride off property in the snow. Fingers crossed for snow.
24. Ride a purebred Friesian! COMPLETED 2-17-14
25. Conquer my stage fright and show Chrome in a local dressage schooling show. Uhh... I had trouble conquering my stage fright for the video I posted above!!
26. Grow a garden at my new home. We will definitely be doing this in the spring.
27. Go on a trail ride with Chrome and his sire or dam. I don't know if this will work out. The owner of Chrome's mom will be really busy in the spring and his sire's owner is a really long way away... if she throws another clinic I might try to go if there aren't conflicting plans. There is a lot planned for this spring!!
28. Learn to swim. COMPLETED 7-4-13
29. Finish building my new house. We are making a lot of progress on this one! A little painting and putting hardware on the kitchen cabinets and we are done. :D I can't wait to take pictures and share it with all of you.
30. Go kayaking! COMPLETED 7-10-13
I still have so many to finish in less than a year!!! It feels so unattainable, but I've made progress on a lot of them so hopefully we can do it. :D I hope you all have had a great first day of the new year!!!