Since I'm down to less than a month before my thirtieth birthday I'm going to have to revise my list again. For those who haven't been following my progress on my 30 before 30 list, I'm updating it as my interests and circumstances change because I started it late (in 2012, giving me three and a half years to complete it instead of ten) and because I'm using it as a way to try new things, not as a way to either succeed or fail at a set list of things I thought up a long time ago.
The main reason for the change right now is that my hubby fell at work and tore his rotator cuff. He may need surgery. That means things like paintball and camping are out because he can't use that arm. Finances and time are limiting factors as well. So here we go...
The ones I'm changing:
Take Jackal camping
Take Chrome on an overnight camping trip
Finish house (I can do the painting, but there is other stuff I can't do by myself and I'm just not going to have time...)
Gallop Chrome (because I haven't had time to ride there is no way I would feel confident enough to gallop him anytime soon)
Stand up on Chrome's back (haven't had time to ride or practice, because of work and his cut ear)
The ones I have left:
Learn archery, bonus if on horseback
Learn a new kind of dance (have this almost done, just need to get video)
Grow a garden at our new home (this is as done as it gets for mid year, just need to get a post up)
Do a photo shoot with me and Jackal (just need to find the time to do this... I kept putting it off hoping he would lose some weight)
The new ones:
Find some houseplants that even I can't kill (I have them and so far so good, just need to get pictures)
Get soil samples from the pasture tested and make a plan to improve pasture (sent it off, waiting on results)
See Triple Crown Winner (I had this listed as a bonus, but since a spot opened up I'll just put it on the actual list)
Eat something I've never tried before, bonus if I cook it (any suggestions for something good, but uncommon that I might not have tried yet?)
Write a letter to myself that I can open in ten years (I've always wanted to do this)
Write my 40 before 40 list (yeah I'm kind of cheating by putting this on the list, but I do need to write it!)
Hopefully I can find the time on the weekends to get these things done before my birthday! Fingers crossed! I'm looking forward to doing my next list since I'll have the whole ten years to do it and I can be more adventurous. :)
Here is the new list.
1. Find some houseplants that even I can't kill.
2. Stand in two places at once (state lines). COMPLETED 1-3-13
3. Go to a live horse race. COMPLETED 1-16-2012
4. Learn calligraphy. COMPLETED 7-18-15
5. Get pasture soil samples tested and make a plan for improving pasture.
6. Actually see a horse win the Triple Crown COMPLETED 6-6-15
7. Ride/drive a horse drawn carriage/wagon/sleigh. COMPLETED 9-13-14
8. Learn archery, bonus if it's on horseback.
9. Go to the Kentucky Horse Park and meet fellow bloggers. COMPLETED 4-25-15
10. Print out a coffee table book of my photos. COMPLETED 11-14-2012
11. Learn more about photography. COMPLETE
12. Learn 100 signs in American Sign Language. COMPLETED 1-1-15
13. Do something special for my fifth wedding anniversary. COMPLETED 4-26-14
14. Learn some sort of dancing (belly dancing, ballroom dancing, etc.)
15. Do a photo shoot with Jackal.
16. Experiment in different mediums (graphite, charcoal, watercolor, etc.)! COMPLETED 7-4-15
17. See cross country in person, like WEG or Rolex. COMPLETED 4-25-15
18. Train a horse from weaning to basics under saddle. COMPLETED 11-4-14
19. Eat something I've never tried before, bonus if I cook it.
20. Eat gluten free for a year. COMPLETED 6-24-15
21. See a polo match in person. COMPLETED 9-13-14
22. Write a letter to myself that I can open in ten years.
23. Take a trail ride off property in the snow. COMPLETED 3-5-15
24. Ride a purebred Friesian! COMPLETED 2-17-14
25. Teach Chrome a new trick with clicker training. COMPLETED 7-18-15
26. Grow a garden in my new home.
27. Find a suitable horse for my hubby to start riding with me again. COMPLETED 5-20-15
28. Learn to swim. COMPLETED 7-4-13
29. Write my 40 Before 40 list.
30. Go kayaking! COMPLETED 7-10-13
To see all of my other posts about my 30 Before 30 list click here.
Sorry this is all I've been posting about lately. The deadline is approaching and I'm scrambling to finish. Once I'm done with this I'll try to get back to posting other stuff again. :)