Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blech!

I finally went to the doctor yesterday and I do have bronchitis. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't contagious. So now I'm on antibiotics and I feel icky.

Anyway I wanted to write to tell you what I've been doing with Chrome yesterday and today. I've started walking him up and down the hill that runs alongside our property. It's short and not too steep so it will muscle him up gradually. I only went once today because I don't feel good. He was feeling spunky though. He kept trying to snatch grass and when we'd go through the ditch on and off our property he would jump really big over it and crow hop. Just being very silly because he's walked through it fine before. :)

I also worked with him on the trailer. I let him eat a bit of his feed on the trailer to make it a good thing and then feed him the rest in his stall because I just don't feel like standing out there for twenty minutes. So my new routine for feeding is fly spray him or hose him off depending on if he's sweating or being attacked by flies, then I walk him up and down the hill, then I feed him on the trailer. It's working well so far. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, I was on antibiotics last week and felt horrible, so you have bucket loads of sympathy from me! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.