Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Catfishing & Minks

I've been doing a lot of catfishing with my husband and friends lately. The last time we went we saw this adorable mink (pictured above). I've never seen one in person before. So cute! It reminds of a ferret or tiny otter and I want one lol! When I was a kid I always wanted a pet otter hehe. I caught him on video too.


He didn't seem to be scared of us at all. :D

Sorry I haven't been posting more. The weather is so nice I just want to be outside all the time. When I'm not at work I've been spending all of my free time fishing, riding horses (finally found someone that rides in my area yes!) and riding four wheelers (belongs to a friend). Oh and playing cards. :) I really need to get back to training Chrome and Jackal. Oh and I missed Sunday Stills this past week. Oops. I guess I just sort of needed a break from blogging. I'll try to get some pictures edited and posted. I have a gazillion gorgeous sunset pictures. :)

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen a mink before either. It's interesting how the animal population keeps shifting in my area. This year I am seeing more ground squirrels, birds and rabbits, which means less stray cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a mink before either, that's so cool that you were able to get him (her) on video with a fish. I'm glad you are able to enjoy the outdoors like that! Sounds nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I wouldn't have known what he was - I've never seen one! Did he catch a fish?
    I'm so glad you had your camera at hand!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the video...I see a mink every 3-4 years where we ride the horses. Last year, I saw one in the swamp near my house, and I was only a few feet away from him. I was so excited--but I haven't seen it since. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am behind with visiting again and just catching up...ooh, how cute!! Can you believe it - I'd never actually "seen" a mink before? I sort of vaguely knew what they were but never really saw one properly. You tend to only see them as fur pelts, sadly!!

    Hsin-Yi

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.