Monday, April 2, 2018

2018 Kids

We birthed out 15 kids so far this year (fingers crossed we can get Big Mama and Dottie pregnant).  It may be hard to keep track of them for you guys (we use an excel spreadsheet) so I thought I would put them all together in one post.  I'll add better pictures of the new ones as soon as I can get some good ones. I'm going to post these in the order they were born and I'll include birth weights and current weights for those who may be interested.  Oh and I'm sharing the little nicknames I've been giving them.  I don't intend to name them but sometimes they just name themselves.  These are not necessarily going to be their permanent names.

First up are Zephyr's kids by Daniel.

Daniel, 100% Myotonic buck.

Zephyr, 100% Myotonic doe.

B1 "Sapphire", black doeling with brown eyes, born 1/25/2018. 
Birth weight: 5lbs; Current weight: 25.1lbs at 63 days.

B2 "Wildfire", chocolate and white buckling with brown eyes, born 1/25/2018. 
Birth weight: 5.3lbs; Current weight: 26.9lbs at 63 days.

Next up was Topaz's kids by Jasper.

Jasper, percentage Boer buck.

Topaz, percentage Boer doe.

B3 buckling born 2/18/2018. 
Birth weight: 7.5lbs; Current weight: 27lbs at 39 days.

B4 buckling born 2/18/2018. 
Birth weight: 6.4lbs; Current weight: 22.6lbs at 39 days.

Then it was Coral kids by Jasper.

Jasper, percentage Boer buck.

Coral, 100% Boer doe.

B5 doeling born 2/22/2018. 
Birth weight: 7.9lbs; Current weight: 27.9lbs at 35 days.

B6 doeling born 2/22/2018. 
Birth Weight: 7.9lbs; Current weight: 25.3lbs at 35 days.

She has HUGE eyes that make me think of the Powerpuff Girls so I've been calling her Bubbles...... don't think I'll keep it, but it's funny.  That's just the first thing I thought of when I saw her huge eyes.  I guess her sister needs to be Blossom lol.

Then it was Garnet with her triplets by Jasper.

Jasper, percentage Boer buck.

Garnet, percentage Boer doe.

B7 buckling born 2/22/2018. 
Birth weight: 8.6lbs; Current weight: 26.5lbs at 35 days.
I've been calling him Carbon Copy or CC because he reminds me so much of Jasper.

B8 doeling born 2/22/2018. 
Birth weight: 7.5lbs; Current weight: 23.1lbs at 35 days.
I've been calling her Little Red because I always call Andesine (her full sister from last year), Red.

B9 buckling born 2/22/2018. 
Birth weight: 7.9lbs; Current weight: 23.5lbs at 35 days.
I've been calling him Little Man because he's the youngest of the triplets.

Then it was Georgia's kids by Daniel.

Daniel, 100% Myotonic buck.

 Georgia, 100% Myotonic doe.

 B10, brown agouti (I think that's what his color is called) buckling with brown eyes, born 3/29/2018. 
Birth Weight: 6.3lbs.

  B11, black and white doeling with blue marbled eyes, born 3/29/2018. 
Birth Weight: 5lbs.

 Then it was Amethyst's kids by Daniel.

 Daniel, 100% Myotonic buck.

 Amethyst, 50/50 Boer/Myotonic doe.

  B12, black and white buckling with brown eyes, born 3/30/2018. 
Birth Weight: 3.8lbs.

  B13, black and white buckling with blue eyes, born 3/30/2018. 
Birth Weight: 3.7lbs.

Last up was LeeAnn's kids by Jasper.

Jasper, percentage Boer buck.

 LeeAnn, percentage Boer doe.

  B14 buckling, born 4/1/2018. 
Birth weight: 8.5lbs.

 B15 doeling, born 4/1/2018. 
Birth weight: 9.5lbs.

Last, but not least, we purchased two kids from the Myotonic breeder.

 Sandia, 100% Myotonic doeling.
I have no clue what her color is called, brown eyes, born 1-23-18.
 Birth weight: Unknown; Current weight: 23.6lbs at 65 days.

 Kamikaze, 100% Myotonic buckling.
Black and white with silver and cream moonspots, born 1-23-18.
 Birth weight: Unknown; Current weight: 24.2lbs at 65 days.

So that's seventeen kids running around on the farm right now and I'm loving every second of it.  There will obviously be a lot less work when we can sell a bunch of the boys, but for now I'm absolutely loving playing with them every day after work.  It's going to be so sad seeing them go.  Not getting attached is the hardest part.  Selling them is worse than the long wait and anxiety about the births, but it's a part of raising goats.  Sadly we can't keep them all.

I really hope you guys enjoy these guys as much as I do.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a herd you have got right now! I enjoyed to pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am quite proud of them. They bring me and my husband so much joy.

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.