Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter & April Fool's Day! We had more babies!!!

 Well we've made it!  We are finally done with the spring kidding season.  When people tell you that goats all kid out at the same time they are not kidding (hehe).  It started on Thursday with Georgia, then Amethyst on Friday and LeeAnn today.  It's pretty cool that LeeAnn has Easter and April Fool's Day kids!  I've never had that happen (obviously since this hasn't happened in over sixty years).  Anyway all I have right now are cell phone pictures and a bunch of them have the hideous red glow from the heat lamps, but I'll get better ones when the kids get to go outside for the first time (when the rains stops AGAIN).

Georgia first.  On Thursday she gave birth to twins by Daniel.  A buckling colored like her and a black and white doeling.  I'm 95% positive the doeling will have blue eyes, but they could still change so we will see in time.  They are adorable!  I was at work so I missed the birth again.

Georgia with her adorable kids.

 The doeling. So cute!

 The buckling.  How am I going to not get attached to all of these boys??

Sorry about the blur.  I had to get rid of the words on hubby's shirt and I was in a hurry so I didn't do a very good job.

Ugh the red glow kills me, but they are SO cute!!

Up next is Amethyst.  She had hers on Friday and once again I was at work and missed it (luckily hubby had Good Friday off so he was able to be there).  I was soooo nervous about Amethyst having her first kids because I love her so much, so it's probably best I wasn't there making her nervous.  To my great relief she did fantastic!! She had them all by herself with no assistance and no problems.  Yes them, she had twins!!  Both are bucklings (dangit I wanted more girls....).

First born.  I love his black legs and tail and his pink nose.  So adorable.

Second born.  I didn't get any good pictures of him, but he's basically half black/half white.

They are SO tiny!  One is 3.7 pounds and one is 3.8 pounds.  I've never seen such tiny goat kids (except for Pygmy goats).  It's not unusual because Amethyst is on the small side and this was her first time, not to mention Myotonics are known for their small birth weights.  I'm just relieved she had twins, because sometimes when first timers have a single it gets too big and causes trouble during birth.  She didn't have a problem at all with these adorable kids.

Nursing one while the other tries to sneak out the door.

Amethyst is an absolutely amazing first time mother.  She did everything right.  She is so attentive to them.  She lets them nurse without trying to walk away.  She talks to them, cleans them, won't let them too far away.  I am so, so proud of her.

Jackal couldn't figure out why we had a goat in a bucket.

We weigh them by putting them in the bucket and Jackal was so curious.  He is such a sweetheart and so gentle with the babies.

 Amethyst having a rest with her twins.  They are freaking ADORABLE!

Last is LeeAnn who had her kids this morning before daylight (so I missed it again because I love my sleep haha). 

This was yesterday.  Look at how huge her udder is!  I have no doubt she has dairy in her.

LeeAnn had twins too!!  A buckling and a doeling.  They are huge!!

The buckling.  He is such a chunk.

The doeling.  She is huge!!

They are both blonde like Jasper.  The buckling is 8.5 pounds and the doeling is a whopping 9.5 pounds!!  I can't believe she had an almost ten pound kid.  That is insane!

 
 The boy.  Sorry for the blurriness.

 The boy giving a huge yawn.

 LeeAnn napping with her twins.

LeeAnn squishing her kid lol.  She didn't hurt him.

Last but not least... one of proud papa Daniel babysitting Kamikaze and Wildfire (yes I named him even though hubby said not to name the boys lol, that's Zephyr's son by the way).


So we are up to a total of 15 kids for the year (so far... fingers crossed hoping we can get Dottie and Big Mama pregnant with the hormone therapy).  Unfortunately the boys outnumbers the girls, but I'm not upset because we have healthy moms and kids and everyone has twins except for Garnet who had triplets.  You can't ask for better than that.  We have 9 bucklings and 6 doelings.  Most of the bucklings will be sold, but we are keeping all of the doelings.  I'll do a post soon with a list of all the kids because I know it can be hard to keep track of them in my spread out, sporadic posts.  For now I have to go get chores done before the rains sets in again.

P.S.  Nothing in this post was an April fools lol.

2 comments:

  1. The babies are just darling. It sure will be hard to give up those little boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely is!! I'm still dreading it and they are finally weaned... it's getting closer and closer...

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.