Sunday, April 8, 2018

Conformation Shots - January/February Kids

I went outside armed with my camera and a goal...  to take good conformation (from the side) photos of all of the kids.  If you've ever tried to get good pictures of goats standing square then you know how frustrating it can be.  I think what frustrated me more than their lack of cooperation was how quickly the good light died this evening.  It lasts for such a short time and I get so engrossed in what I'm doing that I waste time and then miss out on it.  This camera gets blurry in low light, so some of the pictures aren't very good, but some of them turned out really great!  I can always try again so I'm happy I got some good ones. 

First up is Kamikaze!

At a slight angle, but still cute!

Good angle, almost square.  I got a great one of him the other day so I'm not bothered.

Then it was Wildfire.

This is a really good one, decent angle and square stance.

This one is good too.  

He isn't supposed to be looking at the camera, but I actually prefer when they do.

He started to walk off, but his expression is adorable.

Angle is slightly off, but this is a good one except for decapitated hubby lol.

I actually really like this one.

Next is the clear winner, Garnet's eldest.  He is a total camera hog and such a poser.  I love photogenic goats!

 Totally the winner. I LOVE this photo! He's getting so big!

Another one with the head forward.  So handsome!
There's a reason I call him Carbon Copy. He's going to look so much like Jasper!

Next up is Coral's eldest.

She's not standing as square, but she definitely posed better than the rest of them lol.

She is such a chunk!  She is going to be an incredible doe!

Next up is Garnet's middle child. 

She was one of the most uncooperative!  This is the best I got.
I love her smile though.

Next is Garnet's youngest.

 This is the best I got of him.  Not square at all, but he's still cute.

This one was set up perfect and then he walked off.... camera delay is a nightmare!

Then we have Coral's youngest.

Definite fail!  She is such a pocket goat that it's very difficult to get pictures of her. 

Just an excuse to take a bunch of photos of her!

I promise I'm not playing favorites... who am I kidding?  I totally am!

 Love her!

 So blurry, but I love it!

Next is Sapphire.

Sadly this is the best I got.  Good angle and square, but poor lighting and she's looking away.

She walked off during this one.  Otherwise it would have been perfect.
Well other than the crap lighting.

Next is Topaz's youngest.

This one isn't the best, but isn't horrible.

He stepped forward, but this was cute so I had to share.
Hubby was luring him with treats because he wouldn't lift his head out of the grass.

Just because he's cute.

Next is the most uncooperative one.. Topaz's eldest.

That's the best I got..... ugh!

They started playing later, but all I got was this one before the camera battery died.
Too bad because they posed perfectly several times.

I don't count Sandia as a fail on her part.  It was my fault because I completely forgot to get any of her.  I was too distracted by the new kids.... oops!


Speaking of the new kids, I'll post their pictures in a minute.  There were too many photos for one post.  Below are some random pictures and some conformation shots of some of the adults that were cooperative.

Hubby where he is happiest, out with his herd giving Big Mama scratches.

Speaking of Big Mama!  She is looking great!
I can't wait to see her when she sheds out her winter coat.

Topaz was resting.

Garnet feeding her triplets!

She's looking thin because it's hard work feeding triplets.  They are getting close to weaning age and then she will be able to put weight back on.  Her three kids combined weight is over 80 pounds!!!  I'm super impressed with her this year.

Daniel looking very handsome!  I can't wait to see him shed out too.

 Zephyr

We let Zephyr out in the front yard to browse.  She isn't enjoying the weaning process so we spend extra time with her.  She's a little thin, but she's already picking weight back up.

Be sure to check out the next post to see the March/April kids (mostly fails as far as conformation, but at least there are new pictures!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.