Sunday, March 12, 2017

Amethyst Five Weeks


Amethyst is five weeks old and weighs twenty two pounds. She is such a chunk!  I wanted to get some nice conformation shots so we can see how she changes, but she does not stand still so hubby started playing the head butting game. It was so cute!!  Keep in mind I do NOT recommend playing this game with baby goats because once they are grown they can seriously hurt you if they think head butting is a game.  I'm full aware of the risks and willing to pay the price for my stupidity should it come to that.  We don't do this very often though, so I don't think she will be a problem.  The jumping up needs to be stopped though.  That's getting annoying.  Anyway, enough rambling, here's the video.


Isn't she adorable?  He super ninja kicks off the table crack me up.  I love it.  Here are the rest of the photos.


I normally don't like pictures of them looking away from the camera, but this one shows her "racing stripes" on the back of her ears so I had to share it.

 Stretch!!

 I kind of liked how she was half hidden in the shadows here.

 I did manage to get a good conformation shot!

 She's like, "Oh you wanted me to pose?  Okay here, how's this?" Hehe.

 Scratching an itch.


She loves rearing up on her table.  She has amazing balance already.


 Below are some still shots of the head butting game that we should not be playing with her.


 She's such a cutie!


The jumping up on us is something we are trying to dissuade.  She is slowly getting it, but she has her moments when she gets excited.


I was zoomed in too close for this one, but I'm glad I caught part of it!  I wish I'd gotten it on video.  She was facing the left when she jumped off the table and did a 180 in midair.  I was super impressive!  She's such an acrobat.

 Super Goat!


She has so much fun. When she gets tired she goes looking for a lap to crawl into....

 Chewing on buttons.

Checking out the camera while hubby holds her.

 She has such a sweet, sleepy face.

 Watching her and hubby cuddle is so sweet!

 So precious!

 She's already an armful at only five weeks.  She is going to be huge!

I finally got a decent shot of her marbled eyes!  She got that from Crockett.  Aren't they beautiful?

I'm so in love with this doeling.  I know it's because she's the first baby of the year and the first one we've had in years, but it's also because she's a part of Crockett that lives on.  I'm so happy to have her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.