Monday, August 13, 2018

Finally getting back to drawing...

Construction is almost finished on my new office at work.  In preparation I decided to make some drawings to decorate the new cubicles for me and my coworkers who are moving to the new office.  I have MISSED my artwork so much!  I can't even describe how relaxing it was.  The stress just melts off.

For my office best friend I drew a cartoon zombie (she is the one who got me hooked on the Walking Dead hehe).

I'm not good at taking pictures of drawings... there is another shot of if below in better lighting.

For myself I drew an angry tiger because I was angry about something that happened at work.  It was a great way to let go of the anger and stress.  Now any time I get irritated about something at work I just look over at my angry tiger and I can't help but smile.  :)  I actually remembered to get some in progress shots of this one...

 I was halfway through before I remembered to take pictures.

The finished drawing in one type of lighting.

 Same drawing in different lighting... so crazy the difference.

 Both drawings together.


A shot of it hanging in my cubicle at work (the old one, we haven't moved yet).  My cubicle is covered in photos.  I can't wait to cover it in art too.

Close up of it under fluorescent lighting at work.

Last but not least.... I asked my coworker what she wanted.  I told her animals and objects are the best.  That I'm okay at landscapes and that I'm horrible at drawing humans.  She chose a.... pineapple....  All of these drawings were done freehand with no tracing or anything.  I just had reference pictures.  The pineapple I actually used several photo references.  It was SO difficult!  I had no idea how hard fruit could be to draw... check out the in progress photos below.


 At this point I was stressing out so much and thought it looked awful!!  I was ready to scrap the whole thing.  So I texted a picture of it to my friend (the one who taught me to draw and recently moved away) and she texted back some suggestions.  That's what I needed to get going again.


Below is the final result in two different settings and lighting.


Anyway that's all for now.  Hopefully I'll have time to do some more soon, but with bottle feeding the kids (see previous posts) it might be a little while.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice work! I've always admired people who can draw. It's takes an observant eye, steady hand, and lots of patience. I recently got new eyeglasses, but keep forgetting to wear them. However, when I put them on, I'm always amazed at how many details I miss without them. The world becomes so much more alive when I can see clearly. I'm more of a spatial person than a visual person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've never been a very observant person so I had to train my eye to see the detail needed for realistic art. It's fun! I can spend hours on it and never get bored.

      I'm glad your new glasses are helping. I never really thought about how much detail you would miss. My husband doesn't like his glasses because he had no peripheral vision and he said it makes everything look smaller than it is. I know not having my peripheral vision would drive my crazy!! I'm on my phone so please ignore any typos hehe

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.