Friday, August 17, 2018

The boys' conquests!

Amethyst has the most gorgeous eyes!!!!

Anyway, to the point of this post.  The goats have been paired off for next year's kids.  See below for the latest match ups.



Daniel, our Myotonic buck, wearing his marking harness and ready to get down to business.  He has successfully bred the following does.

 Our Myotonic doe Zephyr.

Our other Myotonic doe Georgia.

 Our Boer doe Tanzanite.

Our Boer doe Andesine.

We have to breed Tanzy and Andesine to Daniel because they are related to all of our Boer bucks.  We will have to get an unrelated Boer buck for next year.

Last, but not least, our 50/50 Boer/Myotonic doe Amethyst. 
Am I biased when I saw she's one of the most gorgeous goats we have??

Next up Jasper is being bred to all of the same does as last year. 


Excuse Jasper's dirty face.  He looks so good!  He's getting bigger.  He was already over two hundred pounds, so I'm curious how big he's gotten now.  Below are his match ups.

 Our Boer/Alpine doe Garnet.

 Our percentage Boer doe LeeAnn.

 Our Boer doe Coral.

Our Boer doe Topaz.  I have to get new pictures of her. 
She is looking so good lately, but was not cooperating for pictures... grr!

Below are more pictures of Jasper just because he was being so photogenic.

 Zoom in and look at his tongue lol!!

 He can reach leaves that are over my head!!  I'm 5'10" tall!

 Hehe.

 He is such a star gazer.   Always looking up for leaves low enough that he can reach them.


He's so handsome!  That's all for now. I'm SO looking forward to seeing next year's kids.  Now comes the hard part......... the waiting!!  Good thing I have my bottle babies to keep me busy and exhausted haha!

P.S.  This is what the does were doing when I was trying to get pictures..... chilling out and chewing cud.  That makes it hard to get pictures.  To their credit, it was hot.


 Now they've made me sleepy hehe.  Later guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.