Saturday, August 11, 2018

Kamikaze

 In case you're new to the blog, let me introduce Kamikaze.  We bought him as a future herd sire for our Myotonic herd.  When we brought him home he had silver moonspots.

 This is the day we brought him home.

 

 They definitely started out silver, but over time I started noticing some cream color showing up in it.  Then all of a sudden without me even noticing his moonspots had turned a chocolate brown!!

Ignore his wet fur, it was raining earlier in the day.

They are so dark you can barely see them in low light or when he's wet.  I've read that goats coloring darkens with age, but I definitely wasn't expecting him to go from such a light silver to such a dark brown.  It's cool huh??  I kind of like the chocolate better I think hehe.  I don't really care what color he is as long he's healthy and stays such a sweetheart.  It's just fascinating!  Kind of the opposite of what happened when my horse went gray, just a lot quicker.  Here are some more pictures of my cutie pie.

 My little boy is growing up and getting a beard!

 He was chewing his cud in the two pictures above.


A nice perspective shot showing how huge Jasper is compared to Kamikaze lol.

 Kamikaze gave Jasper a look like "I can take you!"


So Jasper swung his head around, slammed Kamikaze with his horns and tossed him about a foot.  Kamikaze locked up (myotonia) in the position above.  It was so funny!!  He wasn't hurt or bothered by any of it.


He can be hard to get pictures of.  He did not want to look at the camera!

Everywhere, but at the camera....

Finally he looked in the direction-ish of the camera.

 Then Jasper did something behind me that made a loud crack (I think he knocked over a sapling by laying his 200+ pounds on it) and Kamikaze looked up all alert.......

 It's my favorite of the whole afternoon.  Thanks Jasper!!

Anyway that is all for now.  I have a few more posts scheduled and I'm working on a few more.  I got way too many pictures the other day.  They are blurry, but I have good news!  A friend gave me her old Nikon DSLR camera!!!! I'm so excited.  I just have to buy a few accessories and then I have to relearn all of the settings then I'll be able to have nice pictures again.  :)

2 comments:

  1. That is fascinating about the spots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool isn't it? I've always been fascinated by color genetics. I've done a lot of studying on horse color genetics and it's been so interesting seeing the difference in goat color genetics. It's fun!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.