Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I rode on a train! Bucket list item complete.

I have always loved and been fascinated by trains and I've always wanted to ride on one.  A few years ago I actually got to climb on top of a train (the cargo kind that hauls sand.... jumping between cars is terrifying but exhilarating), but it was stationary lol. I've ridden on the little kiddie ones in theme parks, but they don't really count.  This was a real steam train (modified to use diesel) that was at a theme park, but it was a full size train, not the small kiddie kind.  It had open cars like the scenic trains and there was a funny show (we stopped in the middle of the woods to watch it.. kind of like a play or comedy skit about hillbillies).  The whistle was so LOUD!!!!  We also saw some deer out in the trees by the train tracks.  I was so surprised they weren't terrified of the train, but I guess they get used to it.  I wasn't able to get many pictures, but it was so much fun!

 This was a smaller one on display.

 This was the one we rode.


 I snapped quick pictures when it was taking the next group of people, but they are so blurry!


I'll check hubby's phone and see if he got any better pictures, then I'll update this post.  Speaking of hubby, I caught him off guard and got an adorable picture of him.  :D  It's hard to get pictures of him smiling so I love this one!  This wasn't on the train (it was a trolley).  We went to the theme park as a work function (yes we do fun things occasionally).  It was fun, but such a LONG drive to get there.


Someday I still want to take a day trip or even a multi day, multi state trip on a train, but this was super fun for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.