Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm Such a Klutz!!

Ugh, I'm such a klutz! Today was supposed to be my day off, but I got called into work as usual. I went in and was there for only an hour when I somehow managed to get my feet tangled in the rubber mat behind the counter and fell. I landed on my knees and slammed by collarbone into a metal shelf. It hurt sooooo bad! I got really dizzy from the pain and thought I was going to black out (or vomit *shudder*). I had to go to the doctor to get xrays and luckily nothing was broken! He said tomorrow I'll feel like I've been in a car wreck with whiplash. :( Luckily he prescribed muscle relaxers (I declined the pain pills) so I hope that will help me sleep at least, because I usually fall asleep on my left side. That's going to suck. He said to use the muscles as much as possibly to prevent too much soreness. I've been putting ice on it too. So far so good. I hope this is my last time to be injured this year lol.

4 comments:

  1. For cripes sakes! Not now! I am glad nothings broken, but I bet you'll be sore tomorrow. OUCH! I hope it mends quickly. Dang, Dang, Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't barf at work. Everybody would say they understood and then you would be barf lady forever. Shame you hurt your collarbone in such a pedestrian way. Those injuries are usually reserved for falling off horses. You will heal quickly. Just rest up. Hopefully you are still mobile enough for clicker training.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - you poor thing! Thank goodness you weren't seriously hurt, though. Hope you heal quickly! Keep using the muscles is a good idea.

    Hsin-Yi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you didn't break anything :) You're not alone in the clumsiness department, if there's an accident to be had generally I'll find it! I nearly knocked myself out trying to manhandle a electric fence battery onto the shelf yesterday ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.