Friday, July 16, 2010

Good news and bad news . . .

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that Chrome has decided to use our sheet metal feed shed building as a scratching post, so now there is a horse butt size dent in the side of my building!! Luckily it isn't damaged to the point that it can't be used and the door still slides, although not as well as it used to be. It isn't anchored down yet so I'm hoping we can move it to a new location, or maybe build a fence around it. I'm really not sure.

Now the good news is that I loaded Chrome on the trailer again to eat his dinner yesterday and we actually closed the door. He freaked a little bit for a second because it startled him, but he settled quickly. I can't believe how much bigger he's gotten. He can barely turn around in it now. :)

Also I've been petting Zeppelin's cheek! I've been able to pet his nose for a while, but now I can reach the side of his and scratch his cheekbone. :) I think he likes it he's just still a teeny bit nervous. I'll keep trying.

5 comments:

  1. What? No photo of the giant horse bottom dent in the shed? Silly Chrome.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know the feeling of horse damage to buildings! We have had to replace the strut in Star's shelter four times now as she's snapped them!

    Great job on the trailer, and wow how great you can start to touch Zep a bit more. That's great progress, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, poor Chrome- he just wanted a scratching post. I'm glad he's loading well.
    Zeppelin is coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say the good outweighs the bad. That's great about the trailer loading and being able to touch Zep's cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we've lost several feeders which the horse's felt made great scratching posts. Great job on your trailer work with Chrome, and on getting closer to Zep, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.