1. For hauling water put a trash bag in your bucket, fill with water, loosely tie the top, haul to wherever you're going and you won't spill a drop!
2. Cucumbers are sweeter when planted near sunflowers. They make great companion plants. Both have similar soil requirements and the cukes like to climb the sunflowers.
3. To quickly dry herbs in the summer, place them in a single layer on a newspaper....in your car. Roll the windows up and let them roast! Your car will smell good and your herbs will dry quickly.
4. Run your fingernails across a bar of soap to “seal” your nails before working in the garden. This will make the dirt come off your nails a lot easier when you are finished.
5. Use a laundry basket to collect veggies from your garden. When you are done picking, you can hose them off and basket acts as a strainer.
6. To have garden twine handy when you need it, just stick a ball of twine in a small clay pot, pull the end of the twine through the drainage hole, and set the pot upside down in the garden. Do that, and you'll never go looking for twine again.
7. The next time you boil or steam vegetables, don't pour the water down the drain, use it to water potted patio plants, and you'll be amazed at how the plants respond to the "vegetable soup.
Sorry so short. One of my pipes in the bathroom is leaking so I have to help hubby fix it!