Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Stills - Rocks

This week's challenge was rocks. My husband and I were looking for a new gun range to sight in our rifles and practice shooting and got a little lost . . . we found this really awesome river and I got a lot of awesome shots. :D

This is the little rock path we walked to get across (water is low because this summer was dry).

I love how the water is so clear you can see the rocks below. :)

My feet on a rock. I love the colorful leaves and the ripples in the water.

There were a lot of interesting rock formations . . .

. . . like this. I love it!

These were almost step like.

Another perspective of the above shot.

Standing on the rock steps in the pictures above.

I love how the little plants grow between all of the cracks.

I love the reflection of the clouds in the water. It turned out so clear!

Again, the reflections are awesome. :)


And for fun pictures of me and my husband.


So what do you think? I really enjoyed getting lost!

8 comments:

  1. That was fun, you took some really nice shots. I think my favorite one is the 5th from the bottom- the one with the dark blue reflection and the few leaves floating- it's almost like an illusion of mountains and clouds, except for those leaves. Frameable! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo's, I can see why you enjoyed getting lost. The reflection shots rock (pun intended) along with the toes shot. How fun that your hubby went with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting lost is fun when you found a place like that! :)

    But I asume luckily you did found your way back home :D

    -Lilli-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! We were never lost in the sense that we didn't know the way back home, just that we had no clue where we were going. We were aimlessly driving around trying to find this place. The person who gave us directions told us to turn off on the wrong highway. We did eventually figure out how to get there with enough light to shoot a few rounds. It was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE all the rocks! Wow... I'd like to steal a bunch of them for me gardens. LOL!
    Getting lost looks like it paid off well! :)
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everybuddy, glad we found your blog. Your photos are beautiful. Looks like you have a busy life. Look forward to learning more about you. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing beautiful photos yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking rocks! Looks like a great place to get lost.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for visiting! We would love to hear from you so please leave a comment.